10 Foolproof Tricks To Sell Your Home Faster This Spring
10 Foolproof Tricks To Sell Your Home Faster This Spring
Spring is well known to be the best time of year to sell your home. If you're planning to take advantage of the spring sales season, it's essential to give your home the best chance possible of attracting new owners - and interior design can play a key part in that. Here, the experts at Alexander James Interior Design share their top 10 tips for selling your home faster through creative interior design.
1. Be your own criticStart by casting a critical eye over your home yourself, picturing it through the eyes of a potential buyer. Try and think about the tastes and requirements of the type of person who might buy your home, whether it be a family of six or a couple without children. If it is a family home, you may gear your changes towards a family-friendly layout.sell-your-home-fasterGETTY ROY MEHTA
2. RepaintA fresh coat of a neutral paint color can work wonders. Use it where needed to cover up more controversial colors, which could put off potential buyers by restricting their vision for the property.
3. FlooringIf carpets look tired, tatty and threadbare, it's a good idea to replace them, if your budget permits. At the very least, professional carpet cleaning can make a huge difference when it comes to brightening up a room.sell-house-fastCHEVRON, SHOWN HERE IN THE BRISTOL COLORWAY, $52/10 FEET, HOUSE BEAUTIFUL COLLECTION AT CARPETRIGHT.MEL YATES
4. DeclutterMake the most of every inch of drawer, cupboard and wardrobe space that you have by removing unnecessary clutter. This will open up the space and leave room for the imagination. If you have somewhere to store it, you can even remove two or three pieces of furniture from each room, to really show your home's features and create a spacious feel. In the kitchen, clear away toasters and kettles to give a clean finish to the room.
5. De-personalizeYou've likely spent years personalizing your home to perfection. Now it's time to undo your hard work! Eliminate personal effects so that your home becomes a place where potential buyers are able to envision themselves living. In particular, replace photographs with more generic artwork.LIVING WITH LUXE COLLECTION BY BRISSI, WWW.BRISSI.COM.LIVING WITH LUXE COLLECTION BY BRISSI, WWW.BRISSI.COM.
6. AccessorizeGently accessorize to make your property feel like a home. Use a soothing colour palette to allow one room to flow into the next, creating a cohesive feel. Adding fresh flowers injects colour and warmth to a room, while green plants can add a contemporary touch, creating a feature within a living space. High end magazines can be displayed on a coffee table for a homely effect.
7. Soft furnishingsSoft furnishings are important and the use of luxury brands can really make a difference. While the brands themselves are unlikely to be noticed by the potential buyer, the overall impact will be to add a quality effect. Any garish colors or worn cushions should be replaced, creating a home that the prospective new owners can feel a sense of pride in.ALEXANDER JAMES INTERIOR DESIGN
8. Light it upHomes should have bright lighting to awaken the buyer's senses. Good lighting can make your home feel more spacious and enhance its features. It may be worth investing in some brighter light bulbs (but not so bright that rooms appear clinical!) for maximum impact.
9. Add fresh scentsUse beautiful scented candles and diffusers throughout the home, but most importantly in the living area, master bedroom and master bathroom. Studies have found that complex scents can distract a buyer's thought process, so we recommend simple, fresh scents such as orange, lemon, pine, basil, cedar, vanilla and cinnamonGETTY WESTEND61
10. Stage your homeCast your eye over your home once more and stage it like a show home for every single viewing. There shouldn't be a dirty teacup or overflowing basket of washing in sight! Staging your house like a show home will allow potential buyers to feel that it is a property they would be proud to own.
Author:Justin Burnham Phone: 949-241-5005 Dated: May 8th 2017 Views: 65 About Justin: Justin Burnham is a real estate veteran of over 10 years. As a life-long resident of Orange County, ...
View our latest blog posts in your RSS reader. Click here to access.
With seven consecutive years of five-star status in Orange Coast Magazine, The Kurt Real Estate Group is among the elite. No matter where they’ve gone, they’ve set record sales. Whether you’re a buyer, seller, or investor, Kurt and his team work diligently, honestly, and with the utmost professionalism and are passionate about helping you achieve your real estate goals.
Kurt is ranked among the top two percent of Coldwell Banker agents nationwide. Kurt’s experience investing in and flipping homes and his connections with the Hollywood Film Industry give him an unparalleled edge and keen insight into market trends. The opportunity presented to you in working with Kurt is why The Kurt Real Estate Group is recognized as one of the top real estate teams in Orange County.
The Kurt Real Estate Group celebrated in style last weekend at the Lag
"My family recently worked with The Kurt Real Estate Group in the marketing and sale of our family home in Costa Mesa. We interviewed 14 firms and ultimately selected Kurt and his team based on the quality and professionalism of his group and their out-of-the-box approach to marketing our home. Kurt was always available for a call and provided us with regular, thorough updates, making what can be a challenging process an enjoyable experience. Kurt had to navigate...Read more on Yelp"