With the holiday season well underway, it can be difficult to pack up and relocate. If you're a serious buyer/seller or under a time constraint, then you may have just bought/sold your home and are planning the big move. You may have even just sold your house to capitalize on the market at this time of year, as discussed in Why November is the Best Time to Sell. To avoid undue stress, here are a few tips for moving during the holidays.
1. Whether you're doing a long-distance or local move, be sure to find a certified ProMover and schedule out moving day in advance. Certified ProMovers ensure that you are not only receiving the utmost professionalism from your moving crew, but it also protects you from falling victim to a moving scam.
2. Pack holiday items separately. If there are certain items you will want in your new home in time for the holidays, pack those items in separate containers that are easily accessible and label them as such. If there are items you know you will not need until after the holidays, separate those out too. This will help in making for a quick transition.
3. If you have children, don't let moving get in the way of your holiday spirit. Play holiday music while packing and partake in your favorite festivities. Don't make moving the focus of the season. If you make it enjoyable for the whole family, having your first Christmas in your new home will be something to look forward to rather than dread.
4. Make your holiday cards a personalized moving announcement.
5. Relax. Take time to watch a Christmas movie or bake cookies in your new kitchen. Do something fun with the family to enjoy the holiday and take your mind off the chaos of moving.
Moving during the holidays doesn't have to be dreadful. It may not be ideal, but you can make the most of it by staying positive and being smart. Plan the move in advance and take time to enjoy your favorite holiday activities. Turn the experience into an exciting adventure and you'll look forward to celebrating this time of year in your new home.
Author:Kurt Galitski Phone: 714-957-6677 Dated: December 20th 2016 Views: 14 About Kurt: After 15 years of founding and running a successful boutique real estate office in Costa Mesa as a l...
View our latest blog posts in your RSS reader. Click here to access.
With seven consecutive years of five-star status in Orange Coast Magazine, The Kurt Real Estate Group is among the elite. No matter where they’ve gone, they’ve set record sales. Whether you’re a buyer, seller, or investor, Kurt and his team work diligently, honestly, and with the utmost professionalism and are passionate about helping you achieve your real estate goals.
Kurt is ranked among the top two percent of Coldwell Banker agents nationwide. Kurt’s experience investing in and flipping homes and his connections with the Hollywood Film Industry give him an unparalleled edge and keen insight into market trends. The opportunity presented to you in working with Kurt is why The Kurt Real Estate Group is recognized as one of the top real estate teams in Orange County.
The Kurt Real Estate Group celebrated in style last weekend at the Lag
"My family recently worked with The Kurt Real Estate Group in the marketing and sale of our family home in Costa Mesa. We interviewed 14 firms and ultimately selected Kurt and his team based on the quality and professionalism of his group and their out-of-the-box approach to marketing our home. Kurt was always available for a call and provided us with regular, thorough updates, making what can be a challenging process an enjoyable experience. Kurt had to navigate...Read more on Yelp"