Looking to spruce things up in your home this year? As we welcome in 2018, we also welcome new changes and styles. Here are some inspiring design resolutions for your home this new year.
1. Streamline. Every year we pile up too much clutter and every year we say we're going to stop. This year streamline your home. Go from room and make choice to cut out the things you don't need. Donate outdated and unnecessary items.
2. Make adult design decisions. Interior decorating doesn't have to cost an arm and a leg. Good style choices can still be made on a budget. When it comes to items that get a lot of wear and tear, invest wisely. Accent pieces from Target or Home Goods are great, but upgrade to quality thread count sheets, finer stemware, and a luxurious blanket. Investing a little extra will last you far longer and you'll be glad you went with a quality product.
3. Don't buy substitutes. If there is something you really want for your home, don't settle for a substitute that's kind of similar, but not the same. Chances are, you won't be happy until you have the real deal. Exercise your patience and save your money until you can afford that one large purchase.
4. Tackle that thing that bugs you most. Most of us have something in our house we hate to look at. Every time you walk by those awful blinds in the dining room or the worn, old rug in the living room it makes your eye twitch. Don't let it bother you anymore. Make the choice to get rid of it, replace it, or both.
5. Try a new style you've always liked. Do you love black cabinets or wallpaper? Your taste is your taste. It may be a risk, but it's time to be bold. Try out the styles you love, even if it's not what the model homes are doing right now.
6. Organize. For 2018, make the pledge to tidy up. Closets and kitchen cabinets don't have to be a mess. Make a trip to the container store and buy organizational shelving spice racks, anything and everything you can to organize and declutter.
7. Look at the details. While big purchases like a new dining room table are exciting, the small details can be just a fun. Make 2018 the year of polishing up the little things. Coordinate bed sheets and towels, buy an entertainment set of fun stemware, plates, and accent dishes, get new tablecloths and napkins. Little tweaks make a big difference.
With seven consecutive years of five-star status in Orange Coast Magazine, The Kurt Real Estate Group is among the elite. No matter where they’ve gone, they’ve set record sales. Whether you’re a buyer, seller, or investor, Kurt and his team work diligently, honestly, and with the utmost professionalism and are passionate about helping you achieve your real estate goals.
Kurt is ranked among the top two percent of Coldwell Banker agents nationwide. Kurt’s experience investing in and flipping homes and his connections with the Hollywood Film Industry give him an unparalleled edge and keen insight into market trends. The opportunity presented to you in working with Kurt is why The Kurt Real Estate Group is recognized as one of the top real estate teams in Orange County.
While there is some charm to a wildflower garden, most of us would pre
"What I love about Kurt is that he is a man of his WORD! The type of customer service he offers is above and beyond anyone else's. Kurt is always a phone call away even after you have purchased your house. Being from the area and working here for years he knows Costa Mesa like the back of his hand. He is honest, knowledgeable, professional, courteous, reliable and a hard worker. I am glad I listened to my friend and gave Kurt a call. I would highly recommend him as your Realtor."