1. Replace your chandelier. The entry or dining room chandelier is usually one of the first things that meets the eye when you enter a house. You wouldn't want your first impression to be outdated. Spend some time at Home Depot finding something a little more up-to-date that will really wow buyers as they enter your home. This doesn't have to cost you more than $100!
2. Change your bulbs. A home shows much better when it is brightly lit. It may be a minute detail, but burnt out bulbs make a house feel old and dim. Replace your bulbs with a soft-colored LED. LED bulbs now come in all shades and colors so you can still have that incandescent feel.
3. Buy a new ceiling fan. If your ceiling fans are anything like your dining room chandelier, it's time for an upgrade. Winter is a great time to buy a fan as many stores are looking to move inventory and make way for the new spring/summer stock. Again, an upgraded ceiling fan doesn't have to cost you more than $100.
4. Mulch your yard. You can get bags of mulch on sale at Lowe's or Home Depot for as low as $2-3. Not only is it cheap, but it's also an easy way to add a little curb appeal.
5. Add a backsplash. Thrifty shopping can get you far with some stores offering 100 ceramic tiles for under $90. Adding a simple but classic backsplash can significantly add to the look and, consequently, the value of rooms like the kitchen, bathroom, and laundry room.
6. Spruce up your front door. A fresh coat of paint and a nice door knocker can instantly add to your home. This is another one of those first impression items you shouldn't overlook. It's simple to spruce, so show your front door some love.
7. Buy new towels. This isn't going to have an impact on the value of your home, but it is going to impact how your home shows. Staging is important. You want your house to look homely, but you also want it to look clean and appealing. Replace faded and worn towels in visible sight with crisp, new ones.
Author:Kurt Galitski Phone: 714-957-6677 Dated: February 1st 2017 Views: 60 About Kurt: After 15 years of founding and running a successful boutique real estate office in Costa Mesa as a l...
View our latest blog posts in your RSS reader. Click here to access.
With seven consecutive years of five-star status in Orange Coast Magazine, The Kurt Real Estate Group is among the elite. No matter where they’ve gone, they’ve set record sales. Whether you’re a buyer, seller, or investor, Kurt and his team work diligently, honestly, and with the utmost professionalism and are passionate about helping you achieve your real estate goals.
Kurt is ranked among the top two percent of Coldwell Banker agents nationwide. Kurt’s experience investing in and flipping homes and his connections with the Hollywood Film Industry give him an unparalleled edge and keen insight into market trends. The opportunity presented to you in working with Kurt is why The Kurt Real Estate Group is recognized as one of the top real estate teams in Orange County.
The Kurt Real Estate Group celebrated in style last weekend at the Lag
"Kurt Galitski is awesome. We needed our home sold as soon as possible. We sold our home in a month and a half. Kurt kept us advised about everything. We were advised by phone calls,texts, and emails through every step of the way. If in the future that I need to buy a home or anyone needing a realtor in the Orange County area I will refer Kurt Galitski"