Though the listing your home and planning to move during the holidays may sound stressful and overwhelming, here are a few good reasons why you'd want to reconsider.
1. Serious buyers. Need I say more. If a buyer is looking during the holidays, they're not a "looky-loo." These buyers generally are facing some sort of time constraint.
2. Less competition. Most people don't want to sell during the holidays, therefore, there is less inventory out there for these motivated buyers to choose from.
3. Houses show better when dressed up in their holiday decor. Your house just instantly became 10 times homier and inviting to prospective buyers.
4. Basic laws of economics. Less inventory means more demand and the greater the demand the greater the price. Waiting until the new year to sell means you'll be selling at the same time as everyone else, driving down your price.
5. Even if you need time to move, there are options like seller rent back, where you can lease a month or two from the buyer.
6. Holiday buyers are more emotional buyers and are, therefore, more often willing to pay asking price.
7. Some buyers need to buy before the new year for tax reasons. Again, very motivated buyers.
8. Buyers have more time to look for a home when they're off for the holidays.
9. January is typically the big month for employees to start new jobs. They can't wait until then to move so if your house isn't on the market, your missing these very serious buyers.
10. You can still have your home on the market during the holidays without feeling inconvenienced by limiting showing days or times. Don't make it impossible to show, but buyers will be understanding.
With seven consecutive years of five-star status in Orange Coast Magazine, The Kurt Real Estate Group is among the elite. No matter where they’ve gone, they’ve set record sales. Whether you’re a buyer, seller, or investor, Kurt and his team work diligently, honestly, and with the utmost professionalism and are passionate about helping you achieve your real estate goals.
Kurt is ranked among the top two percent of Coldwell Banker agents nationwide. Kurt’s experience investing in and flipping homes and his connections with the Hollywood Film Industry give him an unparalleled edge and keen insight into market trends. The opportunity presented to you in working with Kurt is why The Kurt Real Estate Group is recognized as one of the top real estate teams in Orange County.
Buying a house is a big moment in your life, whether it’s a first ti
"I highly recommend working with Kurt and his group. We worked with Kurt to evict out renters, sell our house and buy a new one. Kurt is highly knowledgeable with everything real estate related including rentals & remodeling as he does that with his own properties...
But here is the real reason to work with Kurt: Kurt goes to bat for you.The buyers sued us over a misunderstanding. Kurt immediately started gathering all the evidence we needed...Read more on Yelp