Several bills sitting on Governor Gavin Newsom’s desk would cut red tape and bring more in-law flats to backyards and garages across the state. The Legislature has sent the governor
7 Home Design Resolutions For The New Year
Looking to spruce things up in your home this year? As we welcome in 2018, we also welcome new changes and styles. Here are some inspiring design resolutions for your home this new year.
1. Streamline. Every year we pile up too much clutter and every year we say we're going to stop. This year streamline your home. Go from room and make choice to cut out the things you don't need. Donate outdated and unnecessary items.
2. Make adult design decisions. Interior decorating doesn't have to cost an arm and a leg. Good style choices can still be made on a budget. When it comes to items that get a lot of wear and tear, invest wisely. Accent pieces from Target or Home Goods are great, but upgrade to quality thread count sheets, finer stemware, and a luxurious blanket. Investing a little extra will last you far longer and you'll be glad you went with a quality product.
3. Don't buy substitutes. If there is something you really want for your home, don't settle for a substitute that's kind of similar, but not the same. Chances are, you won't be happy until you have the real deal. Exercise your patience and save your money until you can afford that one large purchase.
4. Tackle that thing that bugs you most. Most of us have something in our house we hate to look at. Every time you walk by those awful blinds in the dining room or the worn, old rug in the living room it makes your eye twitch. Don't let it bother you anymore. Make the choice to get rid of it, replace it, or both.
5. Try a new style you've always liked. Do you love black cabinets or wallpaper? Your taste is your taste. It may be a risk, but it's time to be bold. Try out the styles you love, even if it's not what the model homes are doing right now.
6. Organize. For 2018, make the pledge to tidy up. Closets and kitchen cabinets don't have to be a mess. Make a trip to the container store and buy organizational shelving spice racks, anything and everything you can to organize and declutter.
7. Look at the details. While big purchases like a new dining room table are exciting, the small details can be just a fun. Make 2018 the year of polishing up the little things. Coordinate bed sheets and towels, buy an entertainment set of fun stemware, plates, and accent dishes, get new tablecloths and napkins. Little tweaks make a big difference.
Distinctive Strategies that Deliver Record-Setting Results When you combine Kurt’s passion and knowledge of the real estate market, you really gain an appreciation for what makes Kurt different. Bu....