7 Low Cost Items To Instantly Up Your Home Value
By Kurt Real Estate Nov 23, 2019
Selling season is around the corner and if you’re preparing to sell your house, you’ll want to stage it appropriately. While some improvements can be costly and not necessarily worth the investment, there are a few easy and cost-affordable changes that can add to your home’s value.
1. Replace your chandelier. The entry or dining room chandelier is usually one of the first things that meets the eye when you enter a house. You wouldn’t want your first impression to be outdated. Spend some time at Home Depot finding something a little more up-to-date that will really wow buyers as they enter your home. This doesn’t have to cost you more than $100!
2. Change your bulbs. A home shows much better when it is brightly lit. It may be a minute detail, but burnt out bulbs make a house feel old and dim. Replace your bulbs with a soft-colored LED. LED bulbs now come in all shades and colors so you can still have that incandescent feel.
3. Buy a new ceiling fan. If your ceiling fans are anything like your dining room chandelier, it’s time for an upgrade. Winter is a great time to buy a fan as many stores are looking to move inventory and make way for the new spring/summer stock. Again, an upgraded ceiling fan doesn’t have to cost you more than $100.
4. Mulch your yard. You can get bags of mulch on sale at Lowe’s or Home Depot for as low as $2-3. Not only is it cheap, but it’s also an easy way to add a little curb appeal.
5. Add a backsplash. Thrifty shopping can get you far with some stores offering 100 ceramic tiles for under $90. Adding a simple but classic backsplash can significantly add to the look and, consequently, the value of rooms like the kitchen, bathroom, and laundry room.
6. Spruce up your front door. A fresh coat of paint and a nice door knocker can instantly add to your home. This is another one of those first impression items you shouldn’t overlook. It’s simple to spruce, so show your front door some love.
7. Buy new towels. This isn’t going to have an impact on the value of your home, but it is going to impact how your home shows. Staging is important. You want your house to look homely, but you also want it to look clean and appealing. Replace faded and worn towels in visible sight with crisp, new ones.
Join our network
Keep up to date with the latest market trends and opportunities in Orange County.